This is such a simple broccoli recipe that I almost didn’t post it. But, it is a fantastic, easy way to cook vegetables – they taste amazing, and you hardly even have to think about them as they’re cooking. Enjoy!
This is a very quick and simple way to serve simple vegetables that really pop! Use your favorite veggies, paying attention to color, flavor, and seasonality.
- 1 Medium to Large Bunch of Broccoli (or two small bunches)
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (or other color)
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Lime
- 2-3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Break off broccoli florets into bit-sized pieces and lay out on baking sheet. Baking sheet can be lined with parchment paper (recommended).
- Cut onion and bell peppers into 1/2" to 1" pieces and lay out on same baking sheet.
- Cut lime in half and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and vinegar.
- Dust with salt and pepper - to taste (so taste a piece of the vegetables and adjust to taste).
- Toss vegetables and spread into even layer across pan.
- Roast vegetables, uncovered, in oven for 10-15 minutes, until edges of broccoli florets are slightly singed brown.
- Toast pine nuts in dry frying pan on medium-high to high.
- When vegetables are done, remove from oven, squeeze lime over mixture and throw away lime peels.
- Toss vegetable mixture with toasted pine nuts, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ã�Â© 2011-2013 Transfer of Health, Tiffany Youngren
Featured Photo by Jules: Stonesoup, used under Creative Commons licensing.
Previous Recipe: Garlic Hummus
Do you have a favorite vegetable recipe?
Did you try this recipe? Please comment below!